Monday, September 03, 2007

Make-up I like

When I was younger, my Aunt Elissa would take me on make-up shopping trips at least once every few months. And you can only imagine that I liked those days better than say, my vacation to Hawaii. Honestly. I mean, I don't remember when I was even allowed to start wearing make-up, but I know I've had a love affair with it ever since. Here are a few products I like...




Finding the right eyeshadow can be confusing, and more importantly, time consuming because they all look the same and yet different. My own personal favorite would have to be any of the ones by Urban Decay, mostly because they have like a million colors. I had Hot Pants before, which looks so so bright, but really isn't. It's actually very complimentary. I have Sin (the color)now, and I like it even better. It's described as a light shimmering champagne, and I'd say that's about right. It pretty much goes with everything. $16



I am obsessed with mascara. Obsessed. Mostly because my eyelashes are these short little stubs and I'm always looking for the Holy Grail of mascaras. I wish I had my brother's lashes, they are looonnnggg and full, and a complete waste for a boy if you ask me. As of right now, I have 5 mascaras on rotation that I use on weekdays. My favorite out of the bunch would probably have to be the MAC Longlash one. It really lives up to it's name. But even then, it can tend to be clumy. But the mascara I have that does not clump doesn't fulfill my fullness or length needs, and so on. So, does anyone have any mascara suggestions? I'd love to hear them. $11



It took me awhile to find a foundation I truly liked. I think I've found it in MAC's Studio Tech foundation/powder. The big thing with me is that I HAVE to have full coverage. When you are a seventeen year old girl who likes to indulge in fried food too much :/ and has inherited the acne genes already, then I can't have anything less. And MAC has the best coverage I've seen so far. Plus it's in a compact with a mirror and really portable for touch-ups. I just sweep that stuff on with a sponge or brush and I'm already halfway done with make-up. $25


Even though I really like make-up, and I enjoy experimenting, I rarely have time every day to do so. I mean the above products are pretty much it when it comes to makeup on a school day, especially when I only have five minutes to apply and get in the car before my mom is yelling at me to get going :] It's probably my fault, but I'm sorry, I couldn't possibly get up any earlier just to add in more make-up time, so for now this will have to do. As it is, I only use lip gloss when I remember. However, when I remember I like using Juicytubes in Miracle, it's a marvelous pink shade and when the lip gloss has faded the sparkles are still left. $17.50

Mmkay, so I know these products are mostly department store brands, but trust me I am so the queen of drugstore make-up too! Maybe one of these days I will post about my drugstore make-up as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home