Monday, September 03, 2007

I haven't decided whethor I like this store or not

Just for the record, I for one have never even been to an American Apparel store. the reason this store/website/phenom even gets its own post is that at nearly every blog I have read they have mentioned American Apparel once or twice. So I figured, why not give it a whirl?


Alright, so I got my first detention ever at John F. Kennedy High School on my first day of senior year. All I have to say about that is I'm hoping it's not a bad omen for things to come. The reason I got the detention was for my "low cut" shirt. And by low cut, they mean it's lower than an inch below the COLLAR BONE. Take a moment right now and feel where your collarbone is. Now put two fingers below it. Where your bottom finger is, that is where my shirt is supposed to be! Now, I'll be the first to tell you that I got away with "low cut" shirts last year (in that they weren't by my collarbone but I wasn't classified as indecent exposure) because I was spoiled and none of my teachers cared. But this year my first period teacher will get ya as soon as look at ya (which is actually very odd because she is a generally sweet person). By the by, it is probably my fault because on the first day I kept smiling at her (I smiled so much in religion last year that my teacher nicknamed me "Smiley") , and every time she looked at me she probably noticed my out of dress code shirt. So now I am hard pressed to find any shirts that meet my school's requirements. If they do happen to miraculously meet the height requirement, they often inadvertently have too large a graphic on them (the rule is, if you can't put your hand over it, it's too big). So my nice parents took me shopping to find and buy some shirts that fit both these needs, and somehow I managed. My point therefore leads to the fact that the shirt above is perfect school-wise, it has no graphics, it's past the collar bone, and bonus, it comes in 20 different colors. $15

I'm really into leggings. What I'm not so into is why people decide to wear them as pants, like the actual bottom half of their outfit, instead of pants. It was easy to jump onto the legging trend, but I cannot bring myself to wear leggings as the only thing separating the free world from my bottom (besides underwear of course). However, should I ever jump on this bandwagon, I wouldn't mind wearing these for a start. Like I said before, I am a sucker for small details, and those buttons on the side are adorable. These leggings come in more than just this vivid green, actually, even more neutral colors like black, I just happened to pick one of the brighter colors for the full effect :] $28


I am also a sucker for cardigans, and I'm always on the prowl for new ones. This obviously nowhere near meets the collar bone restriction obviously, but then again I would never ever wear this without a shirt underneath, unlike this rather daring girl. For some reason, this cardigan is unisex, as in guys could wear it too, but I imagine it too be quite girly. And I'm not sure why most of the items on this post are blue, I'm not even usually a blue person, but for these pieces they all seem to work. And if blue is not your thing, then the wonderful thing about AA is that they all have many color options. $38




I doubt that many if any of you know what I am about to reference, but if you do, you should get a prize. Seriously, let me know, and I will mail you a little something. So, if you have ever seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off, remember back to the scene where Ferris is on the float singing with those German hoochies. Whilst he is working the crowd into a frenzy, they flash to different parts of the crowd. One person they show from behind, and it is a girl shaking her booty and wearing a bright blue mini(and I mean mini) skirt that barely clears her butt (and remember this is pre-Britney) and a gray sweatshirt with blue polkadots. Like I said, if you actually know what I'm talking about, you get a prize. Even if you have to go back and watch the movie. Anyways, this is my own personal take on that outfit. Even if it deters me that the model wearing the sweatshirt is apparently not wearing a bra, shirt, or whaddya know, pants. And even if the skirt is so short you may get arrested. $44 and $22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home