Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Favorite Part of Back to School

Every single year, ever since Kindergarten, my favorite part of back to school was getting school supplies. We'd get the list in June, and I'd immediately want to go the next day. Then I'd have to wait two painstaking months 'til August, when my mom would finally take me. Even this very year, me at seventeen years old, and I still felt a tinge of excitement when I saw that Target was putting their annual back to school spread out, sad as that may sound. :]




When I was in the first grade, we had a teacher named Ms. Cogan, and she was like my idol. She was everything I thought a "cool adult" should be, young and blond and a teacher (which, at the time, I wanted to be when I grew up). I even begged my parents to buy me these shoes at the mall that I saw Ms. Cogan wear once, even though looking back, they were a tad on the ugly side. But that's neither here nor there ;] So the pens above were the only pens Ms. Cogan ever used, she had a never ending supply of them, and whenever I use one I think of my first grade teacher. $17.85/dozen








I saw these pencils in In Touch magazine (my fave) and instantly knew these are the kind of pencils to have. They are so classy and so chic; you know, I 'm not one to use pencils all that often but these would definitely make me convert! $20/set of three





For those of you who can't see spending twenty dollars for a measly three pencils (even if they are Swaroski encrusted), then these are more bargain-priced (yay) and as an added bonus, Eco-friendly! One of my good friends Melissa first introduced me to these pencils at Christmastime (her brother gave her one) and they intrigued me, but I didn't know where to purchase them. When I found them at Fred Flare, I was ecstatic, and they come in a range of smells no less! $14/10




Again going back to about the Kindergarten/First grade era, we read a lot of Little Bear and Franklin. Then they came out with the TV shows. Personally, I hated both characters, they were a bit too slow-paced for me. But the idea of Little Bear on a notebook? So cute! And as an added treasure, this notebook has not only the cover, but includes the actual story at the end! What a great idea! $20




As an aside, I REALLY love this journal. Clue is my all time favorite board game, and one of my favorite movies (If you haven't seen Clue the movie, go see it now! It is in the $5.50 section at Target, but don't let that deter you!) Will someone pretty please buy this for me? :] I've spent all my money on a Sedu! $15


Okay, so I'm not saying this is the prettiest binder and that I would go out and buy it right away. I was simply looking for a binder with some flair, and this fits the bill. Plus, I'm in love with the idea of collage making and hodge-podging, so this stirs my creative side and I would love to do something along these lines someday. I've already done something like this on the cover of a composition notebook and it turned out great and the recipient loved it. Did I mention that the scraps of paper on the binder are from a wonderful book, The Awakening, yep, that sold me as well ;] $15

I put this up here as a substitute for boring scissors, and as a way to lead into saying that I love the whole new line of Crayola Total Tools, including the tool above, and the stapler that doesn't use staples, and the glue roller, and the erasable highlighters, and so on, they're all on Crayola's website. $4.99

Speaking of staplers that don't use staples, the one above is also one of those wonders. It uses some sort of paper punching technique that sort of laces the corners of the papers together. But at least it solves the problem of running out of staples, plus, it's safer. The only reason this one wins out over the Crayola one is that you can pick your own color out of six colors. $6




To be honest, I am not one to use erasers all that often (remember, I don't use pencils all that often either), and my trusty Pink Pearl eraser has been around for like two years where I've barely used it (but I really fancy those clickable stick ones that come in different colored holders). But these cute little dandies are superb. Although, truth be told, I wouldn't even use these, they're too perfect as they are. I'd just stare at and admire them from time to time. Impractical? Yes. Too cute to pass up? You betcha! $10

Every year I am constantly reminded that we need graphing calculators at school, and every year I cannot seem to find mine so I buy another one (no small feat, as these babies cost like $80-$100). But I have somehow managed to find two of my old graphing calculators from years past so I'm set to go for this year. But I kinda wish I wasn't, because how much would I love to have a pink graphing calculator? A lot, that's how much! $129.99
Alright, my pretties, that's all for now. I have to go eat lunch, which should be no fun at all since I'm on a diet :/

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why was my comment deleted? Was it not worthy of this fine web page? Is the administrator thin skinned? Is your summer homework progressing well? Are you last but not east? Just relax. Today is today.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Hardy har har. I swear you should have your own blog of witty sarcasm.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

I TOO have a fetish for school supplies! Loved them all. I also would love to have those adorable erasers as a decoration on my computer desk........but then they would just make me want to go to my nearest 31 Flavors!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home