Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Describe Your Style In Three Words

Tribal Floral Top, Forever 21, $19.80

Once I was in Courtney's room and her roommate was describing her style to me, "Ya know it's got a bunch of solids, and grays, and browns, it's very ... french". And while I was impressed she could describe her style in virtually one word, I realized I could not. In flipping through my closet I realized my wardrobe, while I am trying to improve upon it (no more banded bottoms! No horizontal stripes! Has to have sleeves!), it's really all over the spectrum.

One section of my clothes could be described as tribal, and I rather like the look. I also rather like the above top, and if I am not mistaken one of my friends has it. But anyways, it's cute no?

Plaid Ruffle Tank, Gap, $19.99
Another way to describe my wardrobe (a different part of it of course), is western. i.e. a lot of plaid or gingham... I'm just really drawn to plaid. And I like the above tank because it has no sleeves and I am currently hotter than a mofo in this weather.

AE Summer Garden, American Eagle, $29.99
In try to make the rest of my wardrobe staples, you know, to easily pair with the western or tribal aspects, although some of my staples could be verging on cruise wear, I feel. Example number one is a cardigan that I got from Target that is regrettably not online. We were at Target for the first time in like months and Courtney was supposed to be helping me revamp my wardrobe. Which she did. After we spent like four hours at target. No joke, my parents called me twice, the second time because they thought we were lying dead in a ditch because we still weren't back, but really we were going on our second round in the dressing room. On that second go round she picked up this like multicolored (blue, green, gold, and white) cardigan that I would never pick for myself. I was so opposed to it I said, "Oh god no" then immediately my hand flew up to my mouth and I was like "Courtney! I took the Lord's name in vain I hate that cardigan so much!". But she still insisted I try it on, and lo and behold, it looks beautiful on. And I actually bought it. Case in point, cardigans are always great to have on hand, they go with any outfit, and sometimes they look god-awful ugly but even those might look good on a person =)
How would you describe your style?

8 Comments:

Anonymous The Styler and Profiler said...

White Shirts, Blue Jeans, White Nike Shoes...'nuff said...unless you want to get into chonies, then we're talking Fruit of the Loom with the superband waist band. Holla at your boy!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

We are not going into chonies. That's just gross. And Too Much Information.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Lennie said...

I probably could describe my style in just one word: comfortable. I love running around in jeans and t-shirts on the weekend but when I'm at work, in front of the classroom, I tend to dress up a little bit more. I always wear a skirt with slip-on sandals/shoes (instead of nylons and pumps) so although I'm more dressed up, I'm still comfortable.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

Ally, I really miss your song lyric intros on your blog. So I've am contributing one for you.


here come old flattop
he come grooving up slowly
he got joo joo eyeball
he one holy roller
he got hair down to his knee
got to be a joker
he just do what he please
he wear no shoeshine
he got toe jam football
he got monkey finger
he shoot cola cola
he say, "I know you, you know me"
one thing I can tell is you got to be free
Come Together, Right Now, Over Me

-John Lennon (1940-1980)

4:09 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

That first top is very cute. I can't wear stuff like that...having nothing up on top really kills everything :( . So, I wear whatever is comfortable and flattering, which means nothing too stylish. Fine by me, though. I don't care for trendy stuff. Jeans and t-shirts never go out of style ;)

6:14 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

That was awesome Lola! Rock on!
I really like that tank top. Victoria's Secret has a very similar one in their catalog I've been admiring. I really don't think I have style. Just whatever they sell at House of Forever 21. ;)

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Courtney said...

uhh...three words

jammers
sweaters
jesus shoes

7:49 PM  
Blogger Martha Lee said...

romantic chic, but a little edgy. p.s. i own the tribal tank from your blog

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home