Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Andrew don't touch that!" "This store is sooo boooring!"

Daily Brush Cleaner To Go, Sephora, $6
It was supposed to be a quick in-and-out trip to Sephora after a stop at aerie for my monthly free gift while I was home for Easter weekend. But I made the mistake of mentioning aloud that I was going to the mall, and my brother decided he wanted to come. Probably because he thought I was going to buy him something, even though, at the moment (and probably still now) he had more money than me because he had just had a birthday. He did attempt to bring his wallet along, though he forgot it on the shoe stand.

While in the car, I was concentrating on driving (of course!) and he was in the back enthralled in his PSP (or DSi, I'm not quite sure). At one point he called out to me, (it must have been a slow point in his game) and said "Ally?" and I responded, "Yes?". He in turn said, "Know why I came along?" and I said "Noooo" and he said, "Because we're bonding right now". My nine year old brother said this! And my heart melted just a little... but it didn't last all the way through the Sephora trip.

I took him by the hand into the store and said I would only be a minute. First I went to the nail polish section and picked up a nail strengthening nail polish in a shade called milkshake, lord knows I need stronger nails. Then I got two new foundation brushes, which cost an arm and a leg, but have held up beautifully since.

And then I got to the brush cleaner section, and thought I should probably get some of that so I can relieve Courtney of her brush cleaning duties and it's probably a lot more dermatologically sound than Tide, you know the detergent?

I am happy to report that the cleaner is easy to use! Just a little spritz after every use, in my case every day, and you have clean brushes (no more bacteria hiding in those naughty brushes!). I got the travel size to test it out, and would not mind springing for full size next time around.

However, my mall story does not end happily, as just as I was reading the back of the bottle, Andrew, who found Sephora super boring and did not mind mentioning this in front of all the sales associates, discovered that all the brushes were standing up in little beads, not unlike those little silica gel beads you're not supposed to eat in a packet in your purse. Except the ones at Sephora are presumably non-toxic. Anyways, at this exact moment, Andrew decided to plunge his hands into the beads and send many of them cascading to the floor. And that's when I decided it was time to go.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Not your dad said...

Shouldn't you be either studying for finals, preparing your last papers, or packing your stuff?

11:53 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

I could be doing those things. But I can't do any of those things as well as I can write funny anecdotes on my blog.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Awwwww. My little moochies loves his big sister! :)
Thanks for the info about the brush cleaner. How did you know I desperately need one! I bought a blush from Yves Rocher and would like to clean my brush of all the Revlon and NYC. I love how the European make-ups like Yves Rocher contain a light rosy scent! Does Sophura also have the brush cleaners that are meant for soaking?
By the way, good luck on your finals! ;}

1:30 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

The only brush cleaner I've ever tried is Clinique but I have got to say it doesn't work as well as a little squirt of Joy dishwashing liquid.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous M/M Colon said...

Hahahahaha...cute story!

Aunt Nennie wants to send Moochie a hug for being so sweet while Uncle Scott wants to high -five him for being "the boy".

5:12 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

He has his moments, I tells ya!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home