Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bang the Doldrums, Tribal Print Trend

Ailee Tribal Print Top, Forever 21, $19.80
This is the top that started it all. I was in Forever 21 rifling through all the tops, trying to find a loosey goosey one that I could actually fit, and this one came up a winner. Forever 21 is notorious for small sizes (until recently, more on that later), but this one looks pretty good on me actually and I love the pattern (it looks better in person). But this top was just one of many tops in a sea of tribal-inspired tops that seem to be really popular lately.

Tribal Embroidered Tunic, Forever 21, $17.80
I also happen to own this shirt (flowy! yet again!) I remember the first time I wore this shirt and I got a lot of compliments in class (it's a pretty striking green in real life). A little callback to my Native American roots? I think yes.

Blurred Ikat Maxi Dress, Forever 21, $22.80
Thanks to Forever 21, I no longer have the motivation to diet because they have introduced a new line of clothing called Faith 21 which caters to plus sized girls. I had specifically went on Forever 21 one night to see how many inches I'd have to lose to fit into the majority of their clothes and what do I see? A sign stating on May 1st they will launch Faith 21. And so I put that on my calendar and diligently wait for the day to come and forget all thoughts of going on a diet. And then the debut day came and I was sort of disappointed with their selection, i.e. sparse and slutty.
But they've since added more of a selection and I sort of like it. Exhibit A, this dress. Because it's tribal. And because Maxi Dress is a trend I'd sort of like to try. But when you are large and in charge it is a fine line to walk between maxi dress and muumuu.

Ikat Printed Plaid Skirt, Forever 21, $15.80
I also like this skirt. I like the length. I like the simplicity. I like the print. Enough said.

3 Comments:

Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

I like the maxi dress the best.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Boogs said...

I like the first two tops. Blue and green are my favs. They look comfortable and hip. I'm glad Forever 21 is branching out. I spread the word at work about Faith 21 and the young ladies were happy to find some tops for an upcoming wedding.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Aunt Lennie said...

I'm glad they have Faith 21 too. Hey, wouldn't it be great if you could become a buyer for them? You have a lot of fashion sense and the stores would be better stocked.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home