Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm Still Alive, I Promise.

Mineralize Skinfinish, MAC, $27
That's not a song lyric, it's just the truth. And now, reader mail!
Ally, do you know what the big whoop is about MAC mineralize skinfinish? Everyone and their mother on YouTube has this in multiples. I don't get it. Have you ever bought one and is it worth the price? What about MAC studio fix foundation? Everyone raves about this too. I wish you did vlogs on YouTube and become a MUA guru. -e.eyre
Ok, so I will admit to loving and using MAC makeup, especially for my face, but I will also admit that I have not heard of the mineralize skin finish. So of course, being me, I researched. From what I can tell, it is basically bare minerals in a powder, compact form. And from my brief tenure with bare minerals, I did not like it for the precise reason most other people like it, the fact that it is minimal coverage. I like maximum coverage, hence, my love of MAC. Which my dad keeps insisting is basically theater make-up, because it is so thick and full of coverage. Oh, also, you can probably guess then that I haven't bought one and I would be willing to try it if it weren't $25 and I already had a bias against it because it's low coverage.
I have, however, tried Studio fix foundation, and love it to pieces. It's what I currently use actually. Since I tend to have skin on the drier side, I start with MAC mousterizer with spf, then I use Studio fix fluid, then I use studio tech foundation as a sort of setting powder. I have to use this combo, as opposed to straight powder foundation because of my dry skin, so I need the fluid foundation and like the extra coverage of the powder. I've also tried Studio Fix powder plus foundation, and I'd recommend that also.
Lastly, I've seen vlogs and I like them but I don't think I'd be cut out for them, as much as I wish I was. It's really awkward to see myself on camera and I write better than I speak. But I can understand how that would be a good medium for make-up gurus to blog, so they can demonstrate.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Your Dad said...

I've got nothing. I'm just here because I wanted to be first. Therefore, I'm changing the subject. Here's the Bible verse of the day,
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Ephesians 4:29-32.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

Amen to Your Dad said... and Amen to your blog Ally because I can always count on you for practical advice.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Help! They just discontinued my Cornsilk face powder that I've been wearing for years. I loved it! Like you I like full coverage. Any requests? I'm looking for something oil-free and inexpensive.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

Boogs, cornsilk is so old school. I remember when it first came out when I was a sophmore in high school. A great inexpensive full coverage powder is Rimmel Stay Matte "compact powder foundation". Its not a foundation at all but a great pressed powder. It costs like 5 bucks.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home