Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Party is Ending at 2 AM

*That's a picture of me at the Dance Marathon above, in the very front row, on the far right. We're doing the Macarena.*

Just a little update for those of you faithful readers who helped contribute to Seattle University's Dance Marathon (and heck, even those who didn't. Even thoughts and prayers, etc. are helpful).

We raised.... are you ready for this?.... I don't think you are..... drum roll please... !!!

$11,800

That's a lot for our baby school, and the 95 or so people who participated (including dancers, steering committee, and volunteers). And all of that money is going to Seattle Children's Hospital Uncompensated Care, so that basically no kid gets turned away because they can't afford it.

I personally found the experience humbling and exhausting. Standing, let alone dancing for 16 hours is a bit hard on the old body, especially on an nonathletic one like mine. Don't believe me? Try it sometime!

But every time I felt like sitting down I just reminded myself it "was for the children" and got down on the dance floor some mo'. And there were certainly a lot of fun parts, like the line dance that went to this medley of current songs and is to date the only dance I've been able to memorize in such a sort space, and been able to perform semi-well. I also liked the Disney themed hour, you know me ;)

So thank you one and all who helped with this miraculous cause.

* Ching-a-ling - Missy Elliot

3 Comments:

Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

Awesome! Does it remind you of the scene from Grease where they had the dance marathon?

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Aunt Lennie said...

Hey, thanks for the update! I talked to your mom soon after the dance and she said you had slept in the next morning until late afternoon so I know how exhausted you were! The dance sounds like a success and I'm glad your school was able to raise money for the hospital.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Congratulations on such a successful turnout!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home