Sunday, September 23, 2007

Laptop Bags

May I first just say that there is a serious market out there for some pretty ugly bags. It is almost as if a requirement for laptop bags is "must be almost unbearable to look at". (And yes, I know I do not even own a laptop yet. But I hope to do so sometime within the year, i.e by graduation. I won't be able to write hideously long term papers in college without one).







Mmkay, here ya go, exhibit A. I mean, who the eff would buy this? And this was one of the better ones on this site. It looks like something you would hang in your closet to organize shoes or jewelry, I mean come on. $38




The only thing that the previous bag had going for it was the price, at least it was cheap. This bag is marginally better looking, and I like the heart, but for the price I'd rather just buy a twenty dollar messenger bad and decorate it myself. And I'd still have money left over. $120




These are called laptop sleeves. They are not necessarily entire bags, but rather smallish envelope type deals that merely encase your laptop without providing any extra compartments for your other crap (notice my increasingly stupendous grammar in that last sentence? :]). I of course would choose pink. $29.99




Out of all the bags I saw, this one was the best. It is stylish, pink, and does not look like it's sole purpose is to carry a laptop. And, as is usually the case, I am drawn to the most expensive one in the lot. What else is new? $149.99



Whilst searching for laptop bags, I happened upon a site that sells iPod sleeves. And I loved it for two reasons. a) They sell this houndstooth one, among other cute sleeves. b) They call the new iPod nano (the one from the commercials with different colors) the "fatty". Which is funny, because I call it that too. They even have sleeves for the new iPod line (the iPod nano "fatty", the iPod classic, and the iPod touch) which is good because then I can get it for the iPod touch (which I hope to get for my birthday either as a gift or by my own means). $19.90




And so I have some to a consensus on laptop bags in general: a) They are generally quite fugly and/or b) way too expensive (oftentimes a good chunk of what you paid for the actual laptop); therefore, c) they are worthless and probably are not a necessity when purchasing your own laptop. Just use an old tote bag or backpack for crying out loud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home