Friday, September 28, 2007

The Big Cash

For those of you who do not already know, I will be starting a new job at the local public library. As my school counselor said, this is a perfect job for me, surrounded by books. It also entails a slight pay increase (plus I get paid every two weeks, instead of once a month), even if it's only $70 more a month. But still, as my mom said, I will be making "the big cash". Or as big a cash as an almost eighteen year old can get. So here are my picks for expensive stuff I would like to buy once I have more money, but probably won't.




When I was little, I loved watching the show Inspector Gadget, for one reason, Penny and her control book. That is like the earliest mention of anything like a Blackberry to me, and ever since I have always loved organizers and planners, paper or electronic. I got a Palm Pilot when I was like in the 7th grade, and I was permanently attached to my Sidekick 2 until it broke :[ So when I realized I was going to possibly be able to swing the payments of a Blackberry, plus I found the great deal online (it's only a penny, and you also get a 60 dollar rebate), I seriously considered the Blackberry. In fact, I planned it to be my first purchase once I got my first paycheck from the library. But then I went back and forth because I could not decide if I wanted a Blackberry pearl or an iPod touch or both or neither. And there were definite pros ( I could mapquest myself out of anywhere, surf the web when my brother was playing Star Wars on the computer for the 9th hour in a row, and text again), but there were also definite cons ( I already have a cell phone so this would just be for texting and mobile Internet and let's face it vanity, plus I'd automatically not get $40 a month because it would go towards my Blackberry bill), so I deliberated some more. Unfortunately, what finally swung me towards not buying it is that you have to agree to a two year contract and I calculated the cost of a bill times 24 months and it equaled $960!!! If I saved all of that money I could buy a really crappy car. And that, my friends, puts it all in perspective. Plus it also helps that I am trying to save up for homecoming, and I cannot pay for both right now. $59.99 back once you send in the rebate

This is the other big purchase that I am still kind of considering. This is the iPod touch, basically like the iPhone, except cheaper and without the phone or camera. It plays music, movies, TV shows, and also has Internet capabilities. This has an up over the Blackberry Pearl because while it is initially expensive, I would not have to pay monthly for it. But I just feel slightly guilty because my old iPod isn't exactly broken, just not updated. But if I do ever buy one, it'd probably be closer to around the time of my birthday, probably as a gift to myself :] $299

Everywhere at school I see girls with really cute Coach purses, and the increasingly popular trends is the tote bag kind, which I have no problem getting behind considering the bigger my purse is the happier I am. This one in particular is cute, but considering I have never bought my own Coach purse before, I am kind of shocked to find out they are so expensive! I think it will have to be the Coach outlet for me all the way! :] $268

I saw this ring online a long time ago, and I loved it right away, but never bought it because it was Christmas time and I was attempting to buy Christmas presents. But I love this ring because it's so friggin' bling plus now that I think of it, it kind of reminds me of Heidi Montag's engagement ring, which is so not a bad thing. I think the lure of this ring lies most within the fact that it is expensive enough to know it's not just crystal or cubic zirconium, but still cheap enough for me to afford. $79.97

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suffer from curly, frizzy, wild hair.. I have tried every product imaginable and this is the best product

out there.. It takes about a minute to heat and run it through each handful of hair once and your hair is perfect.. it will stay smooth and frizz free not to mention straight as a board until u wash your

hair next(even if u wait 3 days).. Please buy this product if u don't believe me.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had mine for almost 3 weeks and absolutly LOVE it. My hair is naturally curly and super frizzy especially on humid days-I live in the south so we have a lot of

humid days. This iron with the use of Chi silk serum keeps my hair frizz free even on humid days. My hair is really thick too but it only takes me 15 minutes to straighten it. It takes me longer now to blow

dry it than it does to straighten my hair. I will never own another flat iron. This one is AMAZING!!

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home