Monday, September 17, 2007

The Death Chair

A few months ago I was sitting in my desk chair, and noticed it was a little wobbly. Fast foward a month from then: My brother was giving me a hug while I was sitting on this chair, and since he put all his weight on me, we began to fall over! Fear not, the fan sitting next to us broke our fall :/ We still pretty much crashed into the wall. When I got up to inspect the damage, I realized we had bent a whole leg up. We kind of bent it back, but the chair has never been the same, and you can't like totally fix it. So you'd think with all safety issues concerning this chair, my dad would have bought me a new one, but has he? You would be right if you guessed the answer was no! Above: Jules Swivel Chair from IKEA, $49.99 (Buy if you dare!) :]

Ideally, I would like this chair. I actually first saw a chair like this in my Peace and Justice Club advisor/teacher's classroom, and knew I'd like to have a leopard print chair too. What is not to love? It has armrests, which is a severe improvement over my last chair which has none, and this is a plus because I am the queen of lazy. Secondly, it is leopard print!!! It would be like the focal point of my room, the fact that nothing in my room currently goes with this notwithstanding. The only downer? It is obviously slightly more than my current chair... $199


A cute alternative for less of a price? This will do, also from IKEA. I mean, it may look a little Martha Stewart-y, but it is still cute and would go with my decor a little better. And it has armrests for my lazy butt. Plus a cushioned seat, which would also help my posterior, as my current seat has no padding at all. $89.99

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home