Monday, August 06, 2007

Why Oh Why...

Must all the things I want be so so expensive? That is what I get for being so high maintenance... Anyways, here are a few dream items that I seek to have, me with not enough money in the bank to buy them all, perhaps only one, we'll see...

Blackberry

If you have been following my posts, then you'll know that my beloved Sidekick II broke. I'm still mad about it to tell you the truth. I am searching for a replacement do-all sort of smartphone, even if it may not seem practical at first glance. Moreover, I'm searching for a free one, as I got my Sidekick II free from CarToys, a local company in Washington. Anyways, in all honesty I don't even really use the phone aspect in this case, on my Sidekick I only had a measly 60 minutes a month. I use this type of phone for it's other wonderful features: email, instant messaging, text messaging, notepad, calendar, to do list, games etc., which i now feel lost without. So in other words, I really would like to get a Blackberry to fill my Sidekick's absence. Free after 50 dollar mail-in rebate

Laptop

Egads, so I've wanted a laptop ever since I was in the what, 3rd grade? But now that in a year's time I will be heading off to college, I may actually see that dream realized. And luckily for me, laptops have since improved and become way better now. My dream laptop would be the 13 inch white Macbook from Apple. It's sleek and stylish, and best of all, one of the cheaper models. And it has a camera already built in, so when I am away slaving toward a higher education, my parents and I can communicate from two states away (my mom said she wanted us both to get like web cameras anyways so we can communicate, this will only expedite the process).The only thing that makes me mad is that there is a deal going on now that you can get the above laptop for 100$ off (if you're a student, which I am) AND a free ipod nano with it. And I'm just kinda miffed that I don't have to buy this now, with such a great deal for it. The only time I could forsee getting it is at Graduation, as a gift from my parents, or else i'd have to buy it mysalf, But after the deal ends. Oh well. Starting at 1,099
But then again, any laptop is better than no laptop, and I would certainly like the new Dell Inspiron notebook (in pink, natch). I'm sure you've all seen the adds. My dad says a laptop being pink is not that great of a reason to get one, but obviously he doesn't know how I operate :] It meets all the requirements he says a laptop should have, like 2GB memory and Core Duo 2 or whatever. And the fact that it's pink? A sheer plus! Starting at $769
A Sedu Hair Straightener



My hair is an unruly mass of curls that takes an hour to blow dry then straighten. With my $20 flat iron that I got at Ulta (nothing against the store, just the straightener). So I began research on the best straightener out there. And I came upon folica.com. And on this wonderful website, they have a list of the ten best hair straighteners. And the one above was # 1. Now how can i compete with that? And then I looked at the reviews, and they have the most marvelous (and almost unbelievable) before and after pictures with people who have hair that is more unmanagable than mine! If that wasn't enough to sell me, then what could? EXCEPT the fact, that when I went online this morning to ogle at it for the umpteenth time, I noticed that they are offering a free gift with it, a small mirror. And what may you ask is the pattern for the outside? If you guessed argyle, you are most def right. So, yes, I am pretty much sold right now. And the only downside? It's kinda expensive :/ But sadly, this is probably the one thing on this list that i may have to actually buy relatively soon. Why you ask? Because I'm supposed to have my senior picture sometime soon, and I wanna get a haircut, but I believe this particular cut will only look good straightened, in my mind. but the good thing about the Sedu is that it will cut my hair straightening time almost in half (supposedly). If I do get my new haircut, I'll post a picture here, and of course if ALL works out, then most of you lucky readers (at least the ones I know! :]) will recieve a picture of me in my Senior pic eventually anyways. Picture Jennifer Love Hewitt in those Hanes commercial, with side swept bangs and straight layered hair, that I could possibly curl if I feel so inclined. Wow, this particular section has gone on waaaay longer than intended :] 125.99
A couple more things, then I'm done, I swear ;]
1) I learned how to do posts and not leave a bunch of space at the end!!! Yay for me, I'm so proud. Lol.
2) I got Katie Price's autobiographies (Katie from Katie and Peter) (Go see it! Now!) all the way from the UK. I'm so excited to read them like right now.
3) This post has been a very materialistic one huh? I promise my next one will be a fashion blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home