Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Adventures in Po Dog Gourmet Hot Dogs, Part Deaux

The last time I went to Po Dog, a hot dog eatery about a block from campus, I was kind of bent on not going back. I got the Danger Dog, or something to that effect, which in theory sounded good. It's a deep fried, bacon-wrapped hot dog in a brioche bun with chili. But the chili was so impossibly spicy it just about killed me.

But today I ran into Michael, and we decided to go to Po Dog and I was like, "Why not?". I decided to pretty much go to the opposite end of the spectrum, a Peanut Butter and Banana Hot Dog. It had peanut butter, crushed nuts, and nicely chopped bananas on top, all still in the brioche bun. It was magical. I mean, granted you have to like that combo in the first place, and once you do eat it, the hot dog wiener is like the "what is wrong with this picture" part of the hot dog, but once you get over that it is a rich and delightful treat.

And the fries? Oh the fries! They were skinny and super duper crunchy, which is my favorite way to enjoy french fries. They were totes worth the $2.50. That being said, you have to really want a gourmet hot dog to go to Po Dog, they're about $6 a pop.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Big Man said...

That's why your'e po when you finish!

5:47 PM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

Sorry, that doesn't sound appetizing! I'll just stick with Der Weinerschnitzel :)

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Your Biggest Fan said...

I just love your blog. I'm going to Po Dog tomorrow just on your recommendation. You rock!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

I love skinny fries and hot dogs but I don't get the gourmet kind. A pretzel dog at Wetzels Pretzels is as fancy as I ever got.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home