Monday, March 09, 2009

You're the cutest thing that I ever did see

Fairy Tales Are True Satin Pleat Skimmer, Urban Outfitters, $34

And I'm pretty sure most of you can fill in the rest of that line... Alright alright for those of you that can't... It's something along the lines of "I really love your peaches, wanna shake your tree". I know, nasty.

Anyways, that is not the point of this post. The point is really cute satin skimmers from UO that I LOVE. I literally adore every color and could imagine different outfits and situations for each ones.

For instance? I would wear the Dolly Pink ones with a cute little skirt that I saw in some other lady's arms at Target, a plain white tee, and a light pink cardigan to match. I would wear this to a tea party, which I have yet to be invited to in my life.

I'd wear the Jade ones with some (very nice and dark wash) jeans, a white or black bedazzled halter, and a cardigan over that (I'm very into cardigans lately, as Courtney and Lyndsie tell me, they are staple pieces). And probably throw in some pearls, so I could wear this outfit to an interview (albeit a laid back one), or to coffee with friends.

I'd wear the Samari Sand ones to a wedding, preferably with a light cottony dress in coral. And preferably to a summer wedding, because I don't need no chill =)

I'd wear the Opal Gray ones to class with some black pants (you know, switching it up, because I wear jeans every single day now as it is) and a shimmery gray wraparound sweater with a little lacy cami peeking out.

I'd wear the Black ones to a concert, but a dressy dinner show type, with soft candles and soft music, and perhaps a date in the works (I can dream can't I?). I'd pair this with a leopard print top, a black skirt, and probably some leggings. Because sometimes I'd like to maintain a sense of decency.

And the last ones? They're my fave, they are Cranberry (which I love to eat!). They are a magnificent color and they are displayed above. I would wear these beauties two places. One, if I had had them, I would have worn them to the production of Romeo and Juliet that Seattle U put on. I really really loved that play. My English teacher was in it and all the actors were superb. I also had a bit of a crush on the men who played Romeo and Mercutio. Just a lil baby one. So I would have worn these babies with gray pants and a cranberry embroidered top. And wearing red would have put me on the Montague side, which is perfect anyways, because Romeo is a Montague. And since this production is already over (which saddens me, I paid twice to see it two separate times), and I wish they had made a movie of it it was so good, I would wear these lovely shoes to church with jeans and a cream colored top.

And what does this exceptionally long post all mean? It means a) I need to win the lottery so that I can get $204 to pay for each one of these pairs of shoes and b) I clearly don't have enough homework if I can sit here and write this. Until next time!

*The Joker, Steve Miller

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd be careful with the jeweled top and pearls. may be overkill

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a little tangent...Your mother had a Steve Miller album (cd's or mp3 didn't exist back then) in her teens in the early eighties. I think it had the song Abracadabra. God, how do I remember these things. I also remember she had an Andy Gibb, Rick Springfield, and The Knack album.

But anyways, I love flats on you. I noticed you wearing them before. At first I thought you must be wearing them because you were self conscious of your height but now I know it is just a fashion thing with you. Is Urban Outfitters your favorite store?

4:44 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

OMG, I remember playing that album on our record player! Ask your mom if she still has it! Very cute shoes! Not to mention ensembles. I've tried wearing flats like those and they always smash my big toe.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Haha I bet my mom feels really old now... or at least the fact that she used a record player should give some indication.
Thanks Aunt Lola. I'm not that self conscious about my height, in fact I wish I were two inches taller. I think 5'9 is the perfect height. But yeah flats are more of a fashion thing for me and they dress up things better than tennis shoes. Urban Outfitters is one of my favorite stores, after Target and Old Navy. I do, however, wish I fit into more clothes at UO, but I do love their jewelry, tops, and shoes. I also wish they were less expensive, I always seem to like the $58 shirt... that's why I do most of my shopping from the sales rack. Although I also have to throw honorable mentions out as far as favorite stores go, to Nordstrom and American Eagle. AE has really cute sale clothes in a wider range of sizes and you know how me, Nordstrom, and Juicy all go hand and hand. ;)

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve Miller lives on Lake Washington. I have The Joker, Abracadabra, Jungle Love, Rock'n Me, Fly Like an Eagle, and Take the Money and Run on my IPOD.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

You da man, Steph! I mean Not Your Dad.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home