Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth


By the time I was 14, I had been to Disneyland at least five times. Five memorable times that I could remember, so that probably means more times than that. I used to think that Knott's Berry Farm was my favorite theme park of all time, and I think it still is because it is cheaper and has more thrilling rides. But there's a reason Disneyland is called the happiest place on earth, and I certainly consider it a part of my childhood, and I've been wanting to go there again for quite awhile.

Here's some more of my thoughts on the big D:

1. When was your most recent trip to Disneyland: The year before I moved to Washington. So 2004 or 2005?

2. Which ride in DL do you believe has the most "Disney Touch" to it: I think the Dumbo ride if I had to pick any ride in the park, even though I hardly ever go on it any more. Perhaps the tea cups as well, because they are so whimsical.

3. Which ride in DL do you believe was the most expensive to make: Probably Space Mountain because of all the extra effects that go into it. Or the Matterhorn because it is so huge.

4. Which attraction in DL do you believe is the best to ride at night: Matterhorn because it goes faster and is spookier. Also, once when I went to DL and Disney California Adventure (I wanna go there too again!) with my girl scout troop, we rode the Disney equivalent of Big Foot Mountain (where you sit in a boat, ride a raft, and get wet) six times in a row because there was no line. It was one of the best times of my life.

5. What do you go for first at DL, roller coasters or thrill rides: I like going to Pirates of the Caribbean because it is my favorite and it usually takes a long time, followed by Indiana Jones, because it's the "newest ride" for people of my generation. I will usually go on the Jungle Cruise towards the end, if at all. it is also important to note my family is the type to go on rides in order, for efficiency's sake.

6. What is your favorite "Mountain (BTMRR, Matterhorn, Splash, Space)" at DL: Splash or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Space is my least favorite)

7. If you could bring a attraction from any other Disney Theme park to DL, what would it be and why: Flying Over California from CA Adventure

8. What do you think of the DCA expansion plans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCsmQPwxiP8): I'm too lazy to watch the clip but I'm sure it's fab. Meanwhile I have not even seen the new Tower of Terror at CA Adventure or the Buzz Lightyear ride at DL.

9. Have you ever worked at DL: I wish!

10. What was the longest trip you have ever taken at Disneyland (# of days): 1 day

5 Comments:

Anonymous No No Tu Padre' said...

Great piece. As you stated first, Knott's is better, just based on food alone. Also, they dedicated a whole section to our people.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous the ecological one said...

hahaha. to your dad's comment and name.
I do love disneyland. It was always a huge ordeal cause we had to fly there and all, but so worth it.

Matterhorn was built first so it was not the most expensive, unless you take the cost and convert it to the weight of today's dollar.

Did you know at the time it was built only sports arenas could be that height so Disney put a basketball court in the top of it to meet city requirements? interesting.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

I always enjoyed the Haunted House and I liked to notice the whimsical features while on that ride such as the clock that had the number 13 and the mirrors in which the face of a ghost would look back at you. Of course the Autotopia was a cool ride too (no drivers license needed!)
And if you ever get a chance to watch the Main Street Parade, do so because it's so worth it! I love all the lights!
And I have fond memories of always buying salt water taffy at the candy store on Main Street before leaving the park.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous queen of stealth said...

I cannot believe you wrote abt DL. It is def the happiest place on earth. I am definietly going back soon. Next summer perhaps???

11:52 AM  
Blogger Boogs said...

I still remember going on Space Mtn. when I was about 9 (with your Mom) and being scared to death. Mainly because they didn't have any bars to hold you down in your seat......so you just had to hold on for dear life. Although it is now safer (and my favorite ride!), I still get flashbacks.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home