Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Beezy and Hungry

It all started with a little thing I'd like to call the strep throat diet. It's not something I'd recommend. It mostly consisted of me lying in bed, halfway to tears because my ears would not stop hurting and I could not swallow my own saliva without pain let alone food or even liquids. The only side benefit was that I lost 7 pounds in 9 days. The only reason I know that so accurately is because I was in the doctors office to close my claim and get a flu shot, when they forced me to weigh in, and I was there 9 days later for what I thought could quite possibly be swine flu, so they weighed me again, and the proof was in the pudding (no pun intended).

After my pants started fitting a little looser, I thought "hey this isn't too bad!". And I figured I'd quite like to maintain it. That's when I watched Kathy Griffin's latest comedy special, in which she shared her secret to staying in shape. "Bitchy and Hungry!" Now, I know that's not a very nice word. But it's Kathy Griffin. And she has a point. There's no point in all the celebrities who are on drugs and Lord knows I can't afford to have nutrisystem delivered to my door. But this is something I can buy into. Basically she is hungry ALL THE TIME. And thus, this makes her grouchy.

First of all, according to some (coughmymomcough) I have no problem being a beezy sometimes. I figured I might as well take one for the team and lose a few pounds while I'm at it and be a bit hungry.

My first major steps have been to snack less and eat smaller portions at meals. This managed to at least keep my weight loss the same, even during my whirlwind eating tour in California. And I just found out I have strep again (seriously I can't catch a break) so that combined with the fact that it kinda wipes out my taste buds, maybe we're looking at another seven pounds?!

Plus it's a new year, so what better time to revamp lifestyle choices and get serious about weight loss? No better time than the present to drink less coke and more water (I think we're all holding our breath on that one) and be a little more active.

Speaking of which, New Year's Resolutions coming soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

To all those starving themselves (AKA Calista Flockhart, Mary Ashely whats her name, and Nicole Ritchie): I say,"EAT A SANDWICH!"

8:30 AM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

I thought you looked terrific when you were in town. You definitely could tell that you lost some weight and I wish you luck with your diet. (Don't forget to splurge and have a burger or soda every once in a while!)

2:34 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

Remember to eat your veggies!!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

First of all, I hope your feeling better. I heard from Mom you had a relapse. And second, thats how Mike recently was able to shed some pounds; He got ill. He's now 3 belt holes thinner. He's now, like you, trying to maintain it. Like Aunti Lennie said, I thought you looked terrific too! But more power to you!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home