Thursday, December 10, 2009

We Interrupt My Normal Wordy Blog (By Wordy I Mean Full Of Words)

To announce some things I'd legitimately like for Christmas. Granted, I don't expect things, but in case you needed an idea. Plus I really wanted an excuse to share the card cubby with you. And this list is off limits to my mom, who I already gave my own list to, even though all the ideas have been rejected by my father, like all good ideas =)


Card Cubby, $19.99
When I saw this in a magazine, I knew this was for me. Every time I get gift cards during my Birthday or Christmas, I end up stuffing them in my wallet and then its about three times larger because its not made for that. But this is PERFECT! It's made to hold gift cards, but even better it has little tabs in them to organize them alphabetically! The library snob in me is sqealing with pleasure. So in essence, I asked my mom to get this for me, and she flat out said no, so if it somehow doesn't make it into my organized little hands, then I am just going to buy it myself. Which is basically what my mom told me every time I pointed out a potential gift for me out, "Mom that's a good one" "You can buy it for yourself". Which if you ask me pretty much defeats the purpose of Christmas.
Other ideas...
Movies
Eagle Eye (With Shia Labeouf, pretty sure they sell this in the 8.99 section of my school bookstore, so it must be cheap elsewhere)
Transformers 2 (sensing a theme? Can't get enough of Shia) (Addition: they sell this pre-wrapped at Target for $14.99!)
Get Smart
Books
Official Book Club Selection by Kathy Griffin
Going Rogue by Sarah Palin (Come on, Ya gotta admit you're curious about her life too ;)
Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
STATIONARY!
Because most of you know that I am really into letter writing lately. And stuff to write it on of course!
Like this! ---> Cath Kidston Cowboys and Roses Mix and Match Stationary! (it's my favorite on the whole Chronicle Books website actually)
Jewelry
Especially stud earrings, because you can never have enough!
Gloves. Plain ones, preferably black. For the Washington winter chill.
OK, now that you all have enough Christmas gift ideas from now until I'm a mother of my own, that I hope are relatively on the cheap (I think everything is under $20), I am off to do some more writing. Because that is what I like to do in my down time =)

9 Comments:

Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

Omg, that card cubby is awesome!! I want one now, too!! I have so many gift cards just hanging out everywhere...sheesh.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Speckles Bun-Bun Bayley said...

With me around, you'll need a card cubby, or I'll chew it up. I'll chew the stationary up, too...so keep it away from me!

I'm Speckles :)

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Not Your Dad said...

My present will be my presence. Yes, you will finally get to meet "Not Your Dad". This will probably make your lifetime. I'll even take a picture with you, sign it, and let you post it on your blog for all to see.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

And I forgot to mention they come in a multitude of different fabrics?! There's really cool "coal croc" one that I like, but it's sold out.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I was going to use your recent birthday wish list to get ideas but this new list helps!!

9:45 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

I can't tell by the picture but is Speckles a dogter or a bunny rabbit?

6:14 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

A bunny.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

So now I'm glad I didn't buy your Christmas gift today ( I spent the day Christmas shopping). Although, your Mom already gave me some ideas and I saved your birthday wish list like your Aunti Lennie; I will go by this updated list. That gift card cubby is very cool! I would love one myself, but I never seem to keep gift cards long enough to store them. :)

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home