Friday, October 09, 2009

You got cha hair done and your nails done too...

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Polish, Buy Here
Let's face it in these hard times, who can afford a manicure? I know I sure can't. I pass women with acrylics on the street and wistfully stare at them and think back to the days when I could afford to have a every-other-week manicure, back when I was a teen in high school and could frivolously spend like that without a care in the world! Now I'm less than a month from being a teen forever and honestly could not tell you the last time I had a manicure, I think it was in the summer.
I had to come up with some temporary solution, because my nails look pretty janky when I don't paint them because then I tend to bite them. But whenever I do my own nails, it tends to look like someone had a seizure while simultaneously painting my nails.
Then I found this nail polish! It's the answer to all my nail painting problems! It has this super wide and flat brush that allows you to paint your nails in one stroke, and even your left hand is easy to paint (if you are right handed, switch it around if you are left handed).
They have a surprising range of cute colors. I have Jumpin' Jade (my fave, it's like a metallic hunter green), Blue Streak (this pretty light metallic blue), Pronto Purple (dark metallic purple), Blazin' Blue (dark dark blue), and Rushing Ruby (lovely fuschia metallic pink).
Jumpin', Jumpin' - Destiny's Child

5 Comments:

Blogger Boogs said...

I LOVE anything Sally Hansen! I usually wear Hard as Nails or the 10-Day wear polishes, but I'll have to give Insta-Dry a try. I also want to try her Pen nail polishes. I just don't see myself spending $8 on them.

6:36 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

I know I hate my nails without acrylics and I tend to like OPI colors on my toes (I'm not really a waitress, melon of troy, or chick flick cherry)

7:05 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

Oooohh!! Gotta check it out!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Auntie Lynette said...

Hello Sweet Ally... this is your Auntie Lynette writing to you all the way from Tulsa Oklahoma. It is 22:00CT and I'm writing to you from work. My favorite brand of polish is OPI, although I do love my latest color 'I'm with Brad' by Sephora. It is a very dark, dark brown color (looks almost black). It lasts a very long time. Love the Inst-Dry too. It comes in handy anytime my Puddy cat is around. He loves to jump up on the table whenever I'm doing my nails... Without a doubt I usually end up with a dent on one of my nails when he's around. So, the Inst-Dry comes in handy.

Got to run... work is calling. I'll try and keep in touch. Love you sweetheart. Take care, Auntie Lynette

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Aunt lennie said...

I LOVE fast-drying nail polish! Sometimes it's the only way to go--I'm too busy to sit around and wait for my nails to dry! I'm probably too old to wear the metallic colors that you mentioned but I wouldn't mind trying a basic shade of red.
On another note: Will you be posting a wish list for your upcoming birthday?

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home