Sunday, July 26, 2009

"My low self esteem is at an all time high" - Sam Witwicke

Ya know, there are a few perks to working at an internship at a big company (whose name I am not mentioning in case this isn't something they want splashed across the internet). And one of those perks is getting to see movie previews the night before they are supposed to come out. With free popcorn and soda. Loves it.
The first free movie I got to see was Transformers: Rise of the Fallen. I was eagerly awaiting this movie because I loved the first one. I am sad to report it did not live up to my high expectations. Good points: I could really relate to the "going off to college" scenes in the beginning (except my mom was not that emotional, nor did she get high on brownies at my new college, nor did she and my dad go on a vacation), Shia Labeouf is in it, uhm I think that's it. Bad points: It was about 30 minutes too long, there were too many repetitive fighting scenes, that opening scene with Megan Fox was so unnecessary (if you saw it you know what I'm talking about), and the language was way more kid inappropriate than last time, and there were quite a few kids in the audience. But I suppose really, we need only need to return to the fact that Shia is in it, and all is forgiven.

The other movie I got to see was Harry Potter, which if you know me, I was super excited about. My eyes went like six times wider when the lady came by with passes, I almost trampled my coworker to get to them. I got to see it early Tuesday night, the day before it came out. Which was bueno, because I wouldn't have been able to see it when it came out on Wednesday night because I had to work at the library. I had very high expectations of this movie as well, but it sorta lacked as well. For one thing, they cut a lot of the book out. Secondly, it was about 20 minutes too long. And third, it was a lot less interesting to the younger crowd because there was a much larger focus on romance and relationships than normal. But I love me some Ron Weasely so whatevs. And Emma Watson's style to red carpet events is ravishing. And she's going to Brown.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Pop said...

Free is always good. Free movie, popcorn, and pop! I wish that I was there for both movies...

7:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad I had no intentions of seeing either movie :D

Within the last month or so, I saw Year One (not so great), Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs in 3D (good), The Hangover (hilarious), and just a couple nights ago Gerry's new movie The Ugly Truth (great movie, funny and cute!).

8:36 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

We saw Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs in 3D too! We liked it also. I still haven't seen The Hangover or The Ugly Truth.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Courtney said...

The ugly truth is amazing.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Aunt lennie said...

After working your butt off, these perks kinda make it all worth while, huh?
Glad to hear your having some fun too!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

I wanna see G Force. "get your but outa my face", "get your face outa my but"

4:28 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Now that is what I call perks! Not sucky office supply crap. I couldn't agree with you more on the movies! Their EXACTLY like you said. Mike's been on a "lets go opening night" frenzy lately. I do have to say though; I think it was the best Harry Potter movie yet. Especially after watching Mike's whole Harry Potter DVD collection he just had to buy! Lastly we saw The Hangover. Its a MUST SEE! You'll laugh from beginning to end! I haven't been to a movie like that in a long time. :)

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home