Friday, June 27, 2008

Remember way back when...

When I asked if there were any trends you hated or just stuck out in your memory? Well one of my esteemed readers, who also happens to be my aunt (I'm pretty sure 95% of my readership is family) had this to say:
Not to mention the "Frankie says relax" t-shirts, some fluorescent, that were seen at Nathaniel Narbonne high school.
And when I told her I had to look up "Frankie Says Relax" on urbandictionary.com, she said:
Well, if it didn't give you a thorough explanation. Let me explain. There was this British band called "Frankie Goes To Hollywood". They had a song that went "Relax, don't do it.....blah blah blah blah blah". They were one hit wonders.
And all this was in the back of my mind when I ran into the 80's explosion at Target.

They had this shirt, which sounds like it's pretty apt to the one from my aunt's hey day. In neon pink no less. I understand neon was pretty big back then too. Oh, but there's more. On the back, it says, "Don't Do It". Oh yes, you can believe I bought this shirt. $9.99

And lest we stop there, I also saw this hoodie hanging on the same wall. In case you can't tell, the graphic is done in bright neon too. So between these two tops, the sequin frenzy at Old Navy, and the fact that every time I see Rihanna she looks like she stepped out of a Madonna/80's era video, I think I can safely say that time period is coming back with a vengeance. $19.99

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Who would think they would ever come back in style?

3:29 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

LOL! LOL!
Yea, I believe I remember your Aunti Lola having a shirt somewhat like that!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all this buying of clothes (as opposed to saving your money), it looks as if your poor old dad may have to reinforce your closet pole yet again. Can't you give that poor man a break.
Signed,
Dad Sympathizer

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ally,
I'm new to your blog. Just read your profile and it says that you are a day care assistant. After reading a few of your posts, I had you pegged as a Library page or something like that. A couple of your commentators are pretty funny. I think that I'll keep checking in from time to time just to read the comments. Signed, New Blog Reader

7:43 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

You know, all this time spent anonymously putting comments on my blog could be better spent writing a guest blog or setting up the wireless router so I can get the internet on my laptop! And in my defense, the shirt went into my dresser, not the closet, so there is no added strain.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home