Friday, April 23, 2010

I Think I Might Have Found My Mecca

Last Saturday my friend Courtney and I decided to get off campus after my Costco shift. The day before that one of the people who works at the front desk had said they had just been at U Village, an outdoor mall by UW, and that it was amazing. AND it smelled like summer outside. After that I was hooked. I thought I was the only person who knew what summer smelled like, but when he said that, I knew I had to go.

Courtney and I set out and we both had our perspective goals. Hers was Anthropologie, and mine was JUICY COUTURE. When we finally got to the Juicy store, I was just about ready to move in. All the jewelry and accessories are in special cases and they have all the newest bags and clothes and also a lot of clearance.

The decorations were all very cute and chic, like the big pink knight pictured above. It was all very French Revolutionary, as Courtney pointed out.

One of the saleswoman, Jane, latched on to me like no other. She kept referring to all the products as her "friends", i.e. "Look at this new leopard print friend we just got in!", "This friend is a baby bag but a lot of my friends without kids carry them as bags!". I suppose as I was wearing a Juicy hoody, carrying a Juicy bag, with a Juicy wallet, and a Juicy phone cover, I looked like an easy target, but I stood my ground. I had come in there for one thing and one thing only: a key ring for my new car keys.

Voila!

This one was on sale!
And will I be visiting the only Juicy Store in the state again (the Juicy outlet is apparently a different entity, Jane assured me)? You betcha!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Not Not Your Dad said...

Good job leaving all of those "friends" behind.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

I want a "friend". Oh, I just love "friends".

7:02 AM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

I admire your willpower!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

I wish I had a juicy near me.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home