Thursday, March 04, 2010

A freshman just referred to Home Improvement as "Tim the Tool Man Show" . People born after 1990 are not people. - Texts From Last Night


Is there a group from your youth that kind of transcends any time and makes you sing along no matter what? I think for me, and for most of the girls my age (apparently not Lisa because she is standing next to me and just said "eww"), it was Spice Girls. I remember being in second and third and fourth grade and LOVING the Spice Girls. I had the Polaroid camera for goodness sake! Spice World came out and I watched it in theaters and I'm not gonna lie, I still watch it as a nostalgic guilty pleasure (I have it on DVD now!). The other day Wannabe came on Tara's iPod and all 6 girls in the car (welp, minus Lisa) sang along and knew all the words. That's children of the 90's for you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Boogs said...

I guess the girl group from my youth would be the Go-Go's.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it!

11:25 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

I remember being the one who took you to see Spice World.

6:21 AM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

Didn't children of the 90's also have the macarena? Your cousins, Dulce and Cindy, were into that dance step.

7:51 AM  
Blogger The Big Man said...

Who would have thought that someday Posh Spice would be spending quite a bit of time in Carson, California. If she stays a couple of more years, she will be considered a "Home Girl". Horale!

1:55 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

My college friends and I were going to start a spoof band of the Spice Girls...we were going to be the Herb Girls. My name was going to be Metal Pot, lol.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home