Monday, September 14, 2009

(512): did you know they have Ed Hardy school supplies at Target? it's like folders and notebooks for little Jon Gosselins* in training**

Cotton Bird Tee Shirt with Lace, Anna Sui for Target, $24.99

So if you ever shop at Target, and let's face it who doesn't, then you'll notice that every so often there are different "famous designers" that do collections for the store. And every time I am like, really Target?, I have never heard of this person. I would name some past featured designers, but once again I cannot think of any of them because I have never heard of them.

The featured designer right now is Anna Sui, who I have actually heard of for once. But I am still left thinking really?! for two reasons: 1) I have definitely heard of Anna Sui, but whenever I try to think of her I can only picture Betsey Johnson. Don't ask me why I can picture BJ but not AS. (What unfortunate initials for both). 2) Not a single piece in Anna's collection appeals to me 100%. The above shirt is the closest it came for me, and it still falls into the category of kinda pretty but kinda ugly. And whenever anything falls into this category (and you'd be surprised how much DOES fall into this category, almost any purse by Betsey Johnson for instance), I vow that I cannot buy it. I mean I rather like the bird decal/print and sleeves, but cannot get past the neckline. Too much Freddy-from-Scooby-Doo's-ascot if you ask me.

*Changed to Jon Gosselins from a word that starts with a d and ends in ouchebags. Because I felt that word was a little too striking to have in one of my blog titles.
**The title is gleaned from a website called Texts From Last Night. It is now one of my absolute favorites and I obsessively check it like 5 times a day. It is a website where people send in texts that they found funny. If you can get past the fact that they are all pretty much about sex, drugs, or alcohol, then you may find it a hilarious website as well. Especially if you are in my age group. And if you do go and do not find it funny, then do not judge me based on what I find funny. Because we all know you will be going back to it as your secret guilty pleasure =)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

Regarding the famous Target designers you are not familiar with, Isaac Mizrahi was epitome of hip New York fashion back in the nineties. He had all the supermodels of that time modeling his clothes at fashion shows like Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford, and Linda Evangelista. He was always featured in Vogue and other fashion magazines. He stopped designing high end clothes and eventually designed strictly for Target. I think even before he was working for Target they had another really big designer named Marc Jacobs. Also, Mossimo but Mossimo was not as famous or successful as Mizrahi and Jacobs. Oh, and Vera Wang clothing can be found at Kohls.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Anna Sui is now at Target! Why have I not seen it. Its refreshing to see these big designers thinking of the little people. I love the blouse posted by the way! I like the birdie. Birds must be the "new" motif. I swear I'm seeing them every where.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home