Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Father's Day Prezzies

Oh yeah bbs! Now that I'm back in action and summer has started, I am ready to blog on a more regular basis (watch me say that now, and then I drop off after a week. Oops.) Something that has been on my mind a lot is Father's Day, since it's just around the corner and my mother asks me every other day what I'm getting my dad on June 20th. 

Something that my dad already has but that has served our family well is a GPS. Ours is named Lola (after the movie RV). My dad is actually really good at directions and managing not to get lost. However, we have to go everywhere at least once before we know how to get there, of course. This is where Lola comes in. It's expensive, but it's an investment. It's also helpful when you can locate the nearest gas station, grocery store, Home Depot, etc. $129.99

When I googled Father's Day presents, the main contenders were some sort of booze or golfing related things. My father participates in neither of those activities (he's more of a basketball and water guy). But if your dad is the kind who is into wine, this Wine of the Month Club might be a nice idea. $101.85



If your dad is more like mine, the meat eating kind that is, The Barbecue Boss Grilling Basket might be more apt. I took a test on this gift website, and it said my dad falls into the "Devoted Dad" category, which I would agree with, and apparently this falls into the "Manly Dad" category, but you know you can only give too many personalized poem frames before you just gotta go with meat. $59.99

Hope this helps! 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Not Not Your Dad said...

Cash is always a preferred option.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

The GPS System is actually quite nice. We usually get one with our rental car whenever we vacation out of state.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous the ecological one said...

i have a feeling that the wine was directed towards me. my father would love that, alas I have no money. Perhaps July 20th I can get it for him.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home